Saturday 2 May 2020

Photography In Our Garden - Part 4 - Fighting Starlings and Video on the EM1X


Photography in Our Gardens - Part 4  - Fighting Starlings and Video on the EM1X 


Over the last few of weeks of the lockdown, I have managed to get some reasonable shots of Starlings in flight, using the garden shed as a hide.  Over the last week I have been photographing Starlings fighting as they fly into to food on a small post. Because the post is quite narrow, you can only really get one bird on at a time. Consequently when another bird flies in to try to get the food, they will often fly up in the air and squabble. Using Pro Capture on the EM1X and the 40-150mm F2.8 lens I have been reasonably successful getting some nice action shots, as I hope these few images show.





I also had my first attempt as shooting video on the Olympus. Not quite sure what I am doing yet, but having fun learning. This is a link to a short 1min 30 sec YouTube video I did showing the Starlings fighting. Clicking on the link on `blogger` does not direct you to the YouTube video,  so you will have to copy and paste the link to access it.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTdfOreHlyw&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0WCZ7nRrpAXsNFMaBedeTjkIm1Tgitf7RteNtbKYzR-PJ_RsuGTKh1Snk  


No comments:

Post a Comment