Tuesday 26 November 2019

Capturing the Decisive Moment - Sport and Action - Updating an Older Talk


 Capturing the Decisive Moment - Sport and Action  - Updating an Older Talk. 

A few weeks ago, I had to give my `Sport and Action` talk to a local camera club. This talk was put together about 6 years ago, and at the time, was probably my most requested talk. A lot of clubs have seen it, and it has always seemed to go down well. It covers a large number of different sports, and shows a lot of the pitfalls to avoid, as well as showing locations or viewpoints to get the best shots. 

Since then, I have produced newer talks on various subjects, - Macro. Landscape, Nature etc. and when clubs book me, I usually steer them towards the more recent talks. This particular club wanted the `Sport and Action` talk, so this is the talk I gave them. The trouble with giving an older talk is that as time goes by, your pictures and opinions change, as well as the equipment you use. For example I had used Canon equipment for over 25 years, but I have now changed to using Olympus equipment. 

Although the talk went well, I left thinking,`that talk really needs updating with more recent images`, so over the next week or so, I gave the talk a major `revamp`, taking out a number of older images and replacing them with newer shots, which I felt were a lot better.   

A week ago I had a phone call from Wisbech Camera Club in Norfolk, asking if I could `step in` at late notice, as their previously booked speaker was ill, and had to cancel. As I was available on that particular night, so  I happily stepped in. They asked if I could give my `Sport and Action ` talk, and  as I had just completed the update, I agreed. The talk went really well, and I was much happier with the newer `updated version`. The following images are a selection of shots from the talk, which covers  Rugby, Swimming, Motocross, Ice Hockey, Boxing, Athletics, Wheelchair Basketball, Cyclocross, Judo, Grass Track, Brands Hatch Superbikes, London Marathon, Speedway, Jet Ski, and of course Table Tennis. 

Any clubs wanting to book this talk can contact me via my email address, found on my website at www.rogerhancefrps.com  

Athletics
Jet Ski 
Table Tennis
Rugby
Wheelchair Basketball
Motorcross
Judo
Grass Track
Ice Hockey
Athletics
Athletics
Swimming
Cyclcross
Boxing
London Marathon
Speedway













No comments:

Post a Comment